This post contains affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, Alpha and Omega Outdoors may earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you want to go hiking but have a young child that can’t walk very far on its own, or can’t walk at all? If so, you have come to the right place. I have put together this list that will give you the best kid-carrying hiking backpack that the market has to offer. These models are durable, feature-rich, and comfortable for parents and kids alike.
Best Kid Carrying Hiking Backpack: Reviews
A Brief List Of The Kid Carrying Backpacks We Reviewed
|Editor’s Choice: Deuter Kid Comfort Child Carrier Backpack||Check Price On Amazon Here|
|Upgrade Choice: Osprey Poco Plus Child Carrier||Check Price On Amazon Here|
|Best Value: Luvdbaby Premium Baby Backpack Carrier||Check Price On Amazon Here|
|Thule Sapling Elite Child Carrier Backpack||Check Price On Amazon Here|
|Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier||Check Price On Amazon Here|
Editor’s Choice For The Best Kid Carrying Hiking Backpack: Deuter Kid Comfort Child Carrier Backpack
The Deuter Kid Comfort Child Carrier Backpack is my Editor’s Choice for the best kid carrying hiking backpack. The editor’s choice provides the perfect mix of quality and price. You will not be disappointed in the quality of this pack. In addition, the price is still within reason and will not break the bank.
If you are looking for a comfortable, durable, and high-quality kid carrying backpack, this may be your best choice. While this pack in not necessarily cheap, you want to be sure that you are getting a pack that is comfortable for you and your child. In addition, you want a quality pack that will hold up and be safe for your child. In my opinion, the Deuter Kid Comfort is an excellent option to consider.
- One of the most impressive features of the Deuter Kid Comfort is that it’s made out of 210 denier polyamide fabric, super-strong ripstop threads, abrasion-resistant nylon, and a PU coating to round it off. Simply put, this child-carrying backpack should be durable enough to withstand the heaviest of children and the most extended hikes.
- Even though the Deuter is made with very durable materials, it’s very lightweight, weighing well under six pounds, so you don’t have to carry extra weight besides your kid.
- To help make life a little easier, this model also folds up for easy transport.
- To keep you comfortable while you hike, it features adjustable padded shoulder straps, as well as a flexible and well-padded hip belt, something that helps take some of the weight off your back.
- The Vari Quick System allows you to adjust virtually everything.
- Everything about your child’s seating area is built for support and comfort.
- There is also a unique ventilation system to keep both you and your child cool.
- It also has a kickstand, so you can set it and your child down for a moment without fear of it tipping over.
- It may be a fairly expensive child carrier for hiking, but it is worth the investment.
- Very durable
- Good weight capacity
- Adjustable shoulder straps and hip belt
- Comfortable children’s seating area
- Folds up for transportation
- Limited storage capacity
Upgrade Choice For The Best Kid Carrying Hiking Backpack: Osprey Poco Plus Child Carrier
The Osprey Poco Plus Child Carrier is my Upgrade Choice for the best kid carrying hiking backpack. The upgrade choice is for those of us that are willing to pay a higher price for the absolute best quality. You may be paying a higher price, but you are getting a higher quality product that should last for years to come.
If you are looking for a proper hiking backpack and child carrier combo with plenty of space for your child and even more storage space for baby supplies, food, and other essentials, the Osprey Poco Plus Child Carrier is a superb option. In addition, I feel that the quality of this pack is superb and more than justifies the additional cost.
- This carrier will keep kids as safe and comfortable as possible thanks to the double halo harness system and adjustable and removable foot stirrups.
- Thanks to the harness system and the spacious design, it can handle kids of nearly 50 pounds.
- The child compartment is built with very soft and supportive materials, not to mention that it is designed for optimal ventilation.
- For even more child protection, there is also a built-in sunshade that is easy to deploy.
- To keep the backpack in prime condition, it has a removable and washable drool pad.
- The Osprey Poco Plus Child Carrier has tons of storage space for all of your essentials.
- This carrier features wide and well-padded shoulder straps that are adjustable for size, as well as a padded and adjustable hip belt to help take the weight off your back.
- This carrier is made with very durable materials, and it’s built to last and withstand a lot of punishment.
- Spacious – can handle big kids
- Advanced harness system
- Stirrups for child comfort
- Adjustable shoulder and hip belt
- Plenty of storage
- Deployable sunshade included
- Drool pad is washable
- Takes a bit of adjustment to get a good fit
- Not exactly affordable
Best Value Choice For The Best Kid Carrying Hiking Backpack: Luvdbaby Premium Baby Backpack Carrier
The Luvdbaby Premium Baby Backpack Carrier is my best value pick for the best kid carrying hiking backpack. This simply means that I feel this backpack is still of sufficient quality to be a good buy while having a lower price than our other choices. This item will get the job done or I would not recommend it at all.
While this model is not nearly as expensive as our first two choices, it is also not the cheapest option available. As far as price goes, this is a middle-of-the-road baby carrier hiking backpack. It is not too expensive, yet comes with plenty of comfort and convenience features.
- The Luvdbaby Premium Baby Backpack Carrier features a baby cockpit with a secure and fully adjustable harness system, lots of neck and head support, adjustable feet stirrups, and more, all designed to keep your child safe and comfortable as you hike.
- Even better, this model also has a weatherproof sun canopy that can be deployed at a moment’s notice, one that protects your child from the sun, wind, and rain.
- The Luvdbaby Premium Baby Backpack Carrier also comes with an integrated changing pad, as well as an insulated pocket.
- This hiking child carrier has plenty of storage space from top to bottom.
- For your comfort, this model features an ergonomically designed back for spine support. It also has wide, well-padded, and adjustable shoulder straps, as well as a padded and adjustable hip belt to help take the strain off your back and shoulders.
- Reasonable price
- Deployable sunshade – waterproof
- Ergonomic design with adjustable hip and shoulder straps
- Baby cockpit with secure harness and plenty of adjustability
- Tons of storage space
- Has a kickstand
- Somewhat limited durability
Honorable Mentions For The Best Kid Carrying Hiking Backback
Thule Sapling Elite Child Carrier Backpack
This backpack is another fairly expensive option and you will likely not be disappointed if you buy it. However, when I compared it to the Osprey for my upgrade pick, the osprey just beat this one. If you’ve got money to invest in a very high-quality, comfortable, and feature-rich child-carrying hiking backpack, this is a great option.
- The Thule Sapling Elite Child Carrier Backpack is designed to offer optimal hip and back support for children.
- Be aware that kids must support their own heads when in this carrier, but it also comes with a headrest.
- This model also includes removable foot stirrups for even more support, as well as a deployable canopy for UV protection.
- The Thule Sapling Elite Child Carrier Backpack is made with durable materials and features solid stitching, allowing for a great deal of durability.
- It can carry kids up to 50 pounds.
- What’s convenient is that children can be loaded from the side or the top.
- This carrier comes with storage space for all of your essentials.
- It even features a kickstand, so you can put it down with your child still sitting in it.
- There are load stabilizer straps so you can pull your child in closer to you, thus allowing for better balance; plus, it comes with fully adjustable and well-padded hip and shoulder straps.
- Although this model is not cheap, it is one of the highest quality ones available when it comes down to it.
- Tons of storage
- Removable foot stirrups
- Easy to deploy sun canopy
- Many points of adjustment for your comfort and that of your child
- Very durable build
- High weight capacity
- Included kickstand
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Very expensive
- A couple of minor design flaws
Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier
I felt that I should also take a look at a cheaper model of kid carrying backpack for anyone that just needs a basic option. This pack is a great option for short trips in the local park or if you are shopping in town. If you are looking for a more straightforward, more basic, and more affordable child-carrying hiking backpack, the Infantino should be a contender to consider.
- The Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier may not be a backpack per se, as it does not have any storage capabilities, which many will see as a downside.
- However, this carrier is a good option for couples or families who go hiking, as one person could carry the child in this carrier, and the other parent could carry supplies in a separate pack.
- This child carrier backpack is super lightweight and comfortable. It can fit many different sizes and body types, and it comes with a lot of padding, not to mention adjustable shoulder and hip straps, so you can take the load off your back and adjust it to be the most comfortable for you.
- The Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier is very lightweight, yet it can handle kids up to 32 pounds. Moreover, this is the kind of carrier that you can wear on your back or front..
- The seat is adjustable for position, and there is a fair amount of padding to keep your baby or toddler comfortable.
- Durable material
- Highly adjustable
- Takes the weight off your back
- Multiple wearing positions
- Very affordable
- No storage space at all
- Barebones design
Personally, this is an item I would be more than willing to spend a little extra money on. Comfort and safety for your child are the most important thing to consider in this situation. If you’ve got money to spend and want a top quality kid carrying hiking backpack, I would recommend either the Deuter or Osprey.
CharlesCharles is a man who loves the outdoors. He moved to Wyoming specifically to spend more time in the mountains and wilderness. A hunter and fisherman, Charles knows how to enjoy nature and all that it has to offer. He is an outdoorsman through and through, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Charles is the President of Absaroka Enterprises, an company focuse on outdoor entertainment and endeavours. He's also an Editor for Alpha and Omega Outdoors, an online hunting, fishing, camping, trapping, and all around outdoors blog.
How To Become a Backcountry Guide
Have you been wondering how to become a backcountry guide? This guide will walk you through the process of becoming a backcountry guide.
Teton Sports Scout 3400 Backpack Review
I tested the Teton Sports Scout 3400 backpack to see how it handled and if I loved or hated its features. Click to find out how it stacks up.